Wednesday, September 10, 2008

un plan

Here is the plan (or as they say in Spanish - 'plan'):

I am going to get up early on Thursday and drive down to John Villanueva's house. From there, we will drive down to the border. After filling out our paperwork, we hope to cross and get a few miles into Mexico under our belts by Thursday night.

This should put us well ahead of Hurricane Ike. Ike is coming and is predicted to hit Texas early Saturday morning. Having lived in Nebraska all of my life, I don't have much context for a hurricane. Back home, when a tornado is coming, I always head outside to see if I can see it. I have been assured that this is not a good idea with a hurricane.



In the meantime, I have been staying with the Shaw family. Their home houses the offices of Agape in Action, New Beginning Resources, and Highland Missions. Their hospitality has been wonderful. I cannot thank them enough for all that they have done since I have arrived.

Please continue to pray for safe travels and that those travels will start soon. Please pray for the Shaw, Leatherman, and Villanueva families as Ike heads toward their homes in Houston. Finally, please pray for Lori and the kids. Lori has a lot left to do. - Don

No comments: