Thursday, September 18, 2008

At the Hotel Aeropuerto - Guatemala City

Lori and the kids will soon arrive, their flight gets in at nine pm. I have checked into the hotel and have a few minutes before I need to go and pick them up.

Today could not have gone any better. Honestly, I did get a little worried as the line of trucks started moving and our titles had not yet arrived. Just after nine, they did arrive and off we went. Martin, a mechanic in Quiche and friend of the Fickers, had arranged for everything. After crossing the Mexican/Guatemalan border, Martin found me in line, climbed into my car, and off we went. Back and forth from line to line, off to the city to pay the taxes at an import company, and back for the inspection. I was on the road by one thirty.

More details on the road trip later, after a week and a half apart, I get to go and pick up my family! - Don

No comments: