Thursday, April 5, 2012

Morning

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8


Dad is little bit short of breath this morning. They think it is because of all of the fluid. They are going to give him some more lasix to try to get it off. His white blood cell count went up to 27. They have not yet been able to identify the infection. Hopefully we will have news today. He received two units of blood last night. He seems a little more agitated and uncomfortable this morning.

Scott, my brother-in-law, sent Mom a text with a verse for Dad this morning. It came from Psalm 71

"Though you have made me
see troubles, many and bitter,
you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth
you will again bring me up.
You will increase my honor
and comfort me once again." Psalm 71:20-21


Please continue to pray for Dad. Thanks.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Continued prayers..... may the one step forward be a giant one... Rest easy and let the spirit of the Lord watch over you.

Borrowing from an Episcopal prayer: Thank you for those disappointments and failures that lead us to acknowledge our dependence on You alone..

Cheryl and Jamie

Barb Vanderlinde said...

Hi Kooimans, praying for comfort and healing for Jim and peace for all of you in this trying time. Rest in God's loving arms.

Barb and Bob Vanderlinde