Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Morning

Good morning! Dad is resting comfortably this morning - well, as comfortably as you can rest in a room filled with machines and beeping and nurses etc. I have not talked to Jen to see how the first part of his night went but this last part seems to be pretty peaceful.

Dad had a great day yesterday. When I came back in the evening (to pick up my "date"), he was on 35% oxygen and a PEEP of 7. They were stretching his time on the cPap mode from 2 to 4 hours and he was doing well. He actually said that he thinks the cPap mode is easier. This is the mode where he does most of the work himself. I think this means that he is getting close to doing all the work himself without the vent.

Dad was also able to move around, stand and even walk a little yesterday. He gets tired so quickly from all of his time in bed but he is really trying hard. His disposition changed yesterday when the decision was made to cancel the procedure. He was greatly encouraged and ready to work hard. I am praying that he continues to be encouraged today. I have not heard any new numbers yet this morning but will update once I hear something. I am trusting that his white count continues to go down and his xray continues to improve!

Thank you for standing with us. We feel your prayers holding up our arms. Your encouraging words bless us. The visits that many of you have made to the hospital have really meant a lot to Dad. We feel like we have finally stopped circling the mountain and are headed north! Blessings!

No comments: