Friday, March 23, 2012

Thankful

Jen and Mom stayed with Dad overnight last night. We didn't feel peace about leaving him by himself. He had been having trouble with his oxygen saturation number (I think that is right?) so the alarms kept going off. However, they eventually changed the oxygen flow and put a mask on him so the night turned out better than expected.

I went home to make sure the six grandchildren were doing ok. They have been "living" together since Wed. night at our house which they are absolutely loving!

This morning Dad was doing much better so I made sure the kids had some breakfast and decided to take a walk around our circle. I don't think that I have ever thanked the Lord for my lungs in the past. All of this stuff going on with Dad has given me a new realization of how thankful I am, how amazing lungs are and how wonderful the Lord has made our bodies.

As I try to get Dad to breath and eat and talk a little bit, I am so thankful for his life, his impact on my life and the impact he is having and will continue to have on my children. Thank you Lord for Your grace and mercy.

We will continue to keep you posted!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lori - I just heard the news about your dad yesterday and my heart, thoughts and prayers went out to all of you. I will keep you all in my prayers - please give your mom and dad my love - you are such a special family and I care for you all! Our God is an Awesome God and His Healing Powers are at work! We Praise His Name! Linda Olsen


Psalm 29:11
The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace. (NIV)