Saturday, March 24, 2012

Favor

I was reading my daily Bible reading during my "shift" in Dad's room a little bit ago. We are on Psalm 67 today. This is the verse that caught my attention:

"May God be merciful and bless us,
May his face smile with favor on us." Psalm 67:1

As I am sitting here amongst the beeps and breathing machine noises, I am asking the Lord to be merciful to us. I am asking for His blessing on my dad, the doctors and the nurses. But I am pleading for the Lord to "smile with favor on us."

Dad is stable. He has some fluid on his lung and a high level of potassium. They gave him some lasik to get him to urinate more which will help both of those problems. He seems to be doing better with pain unless they move or shift him (which they do alot on this floor). He is also breathing well on some "pap" machine thingy (obviously Don is not here with me!).

I am so thankful that he is not getting worse but, please Lord, "smile with favor on us" and let us see some improvement soon. Thanks for caring and praying and sending us your encouraging words.

No comments: