Tuesday, June 30, 2009

God's Goodness

I know we just posted yesterday but I need to tell you of God's goodness and provision. I went to the bank today to get cash out for groceries. I received the cash and looked at the receipt. Don got his first paycheck today. We have not had a paycheck since August 31, 2008. I looked at the receipt and saw the amount and wanted to shout "We made it! By God's grace and provision, we made it!" I drove to the grocery store and sat in my car and cried. For the last 10 months, we have been living on the generosity of others, our savings and the proceeds from selling things. We have not had a day of need or even want. The Lord provided for us in ways that went beyond our expectations. This morning, I was so overwhelmed with His goodness that I wanted to share it with all of you. Trust in Him for all things!

In Psalm 37:4, it says "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart". Later in that same Psalm its says in verses 23 and 24, "If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand".

I pray that you will discover the Lord's goodness and know that, though we all will stumble and have hard times, the Lord is upholding us with His hand. There is no better place to be than in the hand of the Lord! Blessings on your day!

1 comment:

Craig Phoenix said...

You guys are awesome. You're faith and obedience are inspiring. God is so good!