Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Help Wanted

It started with the September schedule - I WASN'T ON IT! And now, for the last two days, Paula, my manager, has conducted job interviews. Three yesterday and one more today. The interviews are for MY JOB! My first 'real job'. I've been working for the University for ten and a half years. I started working here right out of PA school. And it is a very odd feeling to know I am being replaced. As sure as I am that we are meant to go to Guatemala, this feeling of someone else taking my job just feels a little funny.

There is a sense of security that comes with getting a paycheck. Even greater security in knowing that you will keep getting a paycheck from the same place for about the same amount of money every month. For me, that will soon end. From the time that we were first contemplating this change, I knew that 'trusting' would be involved. I knew that if the Lord wanted us to move to Guatemala, He would provide for us. This week, it all seems a little more real, and the prayers asking for God to provide are spoken with a little more ferver.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I am a friend of the Fickers and decided to check out your blog to get a better picture of your family. I first spent time in Guatemala 8 years ago and have returned at least once each year since then. I know that it isn't the easiest thing to pack up your family and move.... and the moving isn't as simple as it might seem! We await your arrival and all that God has in his plans with this move - I won't actually be there when you move, but my prayers will cover you as well in that time. These next weeks will fly by ... but the perfect climate awaits you and blue skies!