Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pampered Chef Anyone?

I am having a Pampered Chef party on Friday, July 11th and I wanted you to know about it! I am going to use all of the hostess credits for things to take to Guatemala.

One of the things that I would like to do at the Children's Home is teach some of the older girls how to bake. They are very interested in learning. Last time we were there, I taught a couple of them how to bake chocolate chip cookie bars and they were very excited. I am thinking that I can do a little better than that! I was also thinking that it would be great fun to get them some Pampered Chef tools to teach them and then leave for them to use. Things like the scoops for making cookies, muffins, breads etc. They could use some nice serving tools and spatulas. They spend alot of time everyday chopping vegetables for meals. I would like to bring them some nice vegetable peelers, knives, cutting boards. etc.

Also, I would like to bring some gifts for our hosts. I know that she likes bamboo spoons and she could use some other fun things. It is hard to get good quality kitchen items in Guatemala so this would be a treat for her. Plus, the kitchen that we will be using as a family has not really ever been used as a kitchen before. I would like to have a few things that I could use to cook for my family and then I would leave them there for the next person.

Why am I telling you all this?? Because if you need some Pampered Chef you can log on to the website: http://www.pamperedchef.biz/rhonda, click on "Order Products" and put me in as the host, "Lori Allison". Anything that you would purchase would contribute to the hostess credits. If you are in the area and would like to attend, you are invited! E-mail us at the address to the left for info and directions!

We talked on the phone to our hosts in Guatemala last night. They did not have power all day there so we had a little trouble with the connection at first but eventually they got through and we talked for about an hour! They are very excited about Don coming and working in the clinics and about me helping them with their financial stuff. Talking to them makes this all the more real and it makes us even more excited to get there! Thanks for all of your support!

No comments: