Sunday, March 30, 2008

Women of Faith

I know what you are thinking! "What does Women of Faith have to do with getting ready for Guatemala?" I was wondering the same thing myself (I am assuming that you have figured out that Lori is writing this!). It reminds me of a question I asked about 10 years ago. "What does a CPA know about homeschooling?" Yet I knew that the Lord was calling us into homeschooling our kids. And all these years later, I can answer that question for you - NOTHING. But the Lord knows all about it and where I am insufficient, He is more than capable of making up for my deficiencies. He doesn't always do the most obvious thing, in fact, most of the time He surprises us! So back to the conference.

I attended the conference with my mom and my sister and a whole bus load of women from South Dakota (where my parents live). We had alot of fun and laughed and danced and cried and soaked in God's word. What this has to do with Guatemala is this: The Lord gave us a whole busload of wonderful women who were interested in what the Lord was calling us to in Guatemala. Many of them knew that we had taken trips before and some even knew we were going back but it was so fun to see their interest and answer questions. I feel like the Lord provided a busload of prayers for our family. I know that these women will be faithful to take my family and our trip to the Lord. This is so important because we can't do this without prayer support. In fact, we can't do this at all but the Lord is sufficient and provides in the most creative, fun ways! Don't limit Him to what He has done in the past but be open to Him surprising you in the most wonderful ways in the future!

Blessings to you all! We have not yet heard from the shipping company so keep praying!! Thanks for your support!

No comments: