Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas with the Widows

Last Thursday, our entire family went to Chiminisijuan for the Widows' Project.  We bought their handmade baskets and then I read them the Christmas story from a Children's Spanish Bible.  Micaela translated it into Quiche for me.  I am so grateful for her and her willingness to translate my Spanish!

 
While I read, the kids helped the moms, grandmas and children make a Nativity scene with stickers. Caleb was helping this cute group of boys.

 
Samuel found a buddy to help as well.

 
Bethany had some cute little girls to assist.


Hannah was keeping her eye out for anyone who might need a little attention.

 
Flor is helping to hand out gifts to the widows.  We filled market baskets with tin coffee mugs, a pot for hot water, spoons, sugar and instant coffee.  It was so fun to shop with Leslie for them!  Praying that the gifts bless them!
 
It was such a fun time and I was so thankful to have all of the help!  Praying that the Lord used my rudimentary Spanish via Micaela's Quiche to touch these ladies' hearts.  They were giggling and enjoying the stickers so much that I am not even sure how much they heard but they were so cute!  May He touch each of them with His deep love.  Merry Christmas!

No comments: