Friday, January 28, 2011

A Scripture to Share

On Wednesday, the day I wrote the last post, we had our weekly family worship. Our church is reading through the Bible in 2011 from the Message Bible. On Wednesday nights, we gather as a family and discuss any scriptures that stood out to us from our reading over the past week.

If you recall, my last post talked about our challenge of packing light and of the house that we will be renting while we were there. Don shared a scripture that speaks to both of those topics.

The scripture he shared comes from Mark 6 where Jesus is sending out the 12 disciples. It doesn't seem near as relevant in the NIV translation but read this from the Message Bible:

"Don't think you need a lot of extra equipment for this. You are the equipment. No special appeals for funds. Keep it simple.
And no luxury inns. Get a modest place and be content there until you leave."
Mark 6:8-11

I love it when the Lord speaks so directly to us from His word. I will now be leaving any "extra" equipment behind. I am also excited about our "modest place" and being content there (widowmaker and all)! He makes me smile and I wanted to share it with you! Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Jennifer Sather said...

Wow! I love the scripture and how amazingly applicable to your trip! Go God!