Monday, November 24, 2008

Chilly Weather

The weather has been very chilly here lately. One of the Ficker's vehicles has a thermometer in it so we know that a couple of the mornings have been right around 40 degrees. If the sun doesn't come out, it seems to be a little chilly all day. We have found this website that has weather for Canilla. The forecast is showing 50's at night and 60's to 70's during the day which is better than it has been.

Last Saturday morning, I could not get warm. We wear skirts everyday here and some of my skirts are much warmer than others. I had a jean skirt on but it had slits on both sides of it and my legs were freezing. I took a blanket and wrapped it around me like a corte (pronounced "cor - tay"). A corte is the traditional skirt that the Indian women wear here. It helped considerably to keep my legs warm. I can't imagine wearing it when it is hot here, though. The kids had to take a picture of me and wanted me to put it on the blog. So here it is:



This is just a cute picture of Samuel and Venuncio cuddling in Sam's bed. We will have Venuncio for a couple more weeks and then he will be going back to the Home. We will all miss him when he is gone.

No comments: