Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lunch Guests

Today, eleven members of the Torre Fuerte (strong tower) church came to the Ficker's home for a morning of prayer and fellowship. The visitors are a part of a group called Groupo Luz (group of light) that prays for and ministers to the surrounding villages. Several members shared verses from the Bible as well as words of encouragement for Duane and Leslie and their ministry. They prayed over them and the clinic building where we serve. After this, we shared a meal together.

I was deeply struck by two things during this time. First, I was struck by the contrasts of the morning. The languages, the dress, the skin tones - such variation. Although we are very different, we are all seeking to serve the same Jesus. It made me think of how beautiful heaven will be, people from every tribe and every nation together bringing glory to God.

Secondly, I was struck by the depth of these people's faith. As they shared and prayed, I was overcome with the thought of how niave my faith can be. How their struggles are so much bigger than my molehills that I make into mountains. How they have nothing but the Lord to rely on - I tend to try it on my own strength first and then go to the Lord. How much I could learn from them about faith.

They were here to encourage Duane and Leslie. We were blessed to be a part of the morning because the Lord has called us here for this time. It was very humbling to be included and prayed over. It was an honor to share in the words that the Lord was speaking to them. - Don

No comments: