Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sharing

I was asked by my mom's church to speak at a Christmas brunch last Saturday. They asked me to speak about our upcoming move as well as the ministry there.  I brought my photographer, Bethany, with me; however, she told me that I was so interesting that she forgot to take pictures!! I am taking that as quite the compliment since she had heard all of the information and stories many times in the past!  She did get this picture of Mom and me after it was over. 


The next morning, their pastor was talking about the Christmas story and how 'dangerous' God is.  The Lord doesn't come in our nice, neat packages or into our clean stall at Christmas time.  He is in the messy and the uncomfortable.  He asked me to share just a few minutes of our story during that time as well.  


It was such an honor to share what the Lord is doing in our family at the church that I grew up in. Many of those attending have known me since I was little.  It is also awesome to see this church growing  with so many young families which means that there were many I didn't know. But everyone was so supportive and encouraging. 

It helps me to get my eyes back on the Lord and what He is doing when I am sharing. It brings back to mind all of the confirmations and peace that we have felt through this whole process.  Lately, the overwhelming task of getting rid of our 'stuff' has made it hard to see the big picture.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to testify to the Lord's faithfulness and goodness.  He is also 'dangerous' and not all that concerned about our comfort! Honestly, most days, I wouldn't have it any other way! 



No comments: