Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thankfulness

We spent our Thankgiving this year in Arkansas with my aunt and uncle and cousins and extended families. The drive down there takes us about 10 or so hours of just driving time so we decided to split both the going and coming into two days.

We left early enough so the kids could swim at the hotel that night.


The next day we stopped at the Buffalo National River in Arkansas. We decided to hike a little and stretch our legs.

We would like to stop again in spring or summer, but it was a beautiful place.


Once in Arkansas, we had so much fun seeing family. Our kids love to play "at the farm" where my aunt and uncle live.
One of their favorite activities is "jumping hay bales"

They also just enjoy spending time, playing and pretending with their cousins.

We played alot of games and cards. My aunt and mom won 4 out of the 6 games that Jen and I played against them this morning!


I have decided that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It is a time to gather without the pressure of getting gifts and it is centered around "thankfulness". Being thankful for the little things. The things we take for granted. We had so much fun just hanging out with our family!

I will praise God’s name in song
and glorify him with thanksgiving.
Psalm 69:30

No comments: