Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Surprise Blessing!

When we left for Guatemala, my neighbor (who also does my hair) sent enough hair color with me for 7 months. I have colored my hair once since we have been here and well it was ok but not that great. I was supposed to leave it on for so long and then comb it through or something during the last few minutes etc. Apparently it was a little complicated for me! Also, I have not had a real haircut since September 15th (I am not counting the time I asked Don to cut the back for me. Let's just say that I could see in the mirror how crooked it was in the back!) Well, I found out yesterday morning that Janet Warren used to be a hair stylist! I showed her all the hair color and asked if she would please help me. She said that she would love to and gave me a trim as well! It seems like such a little thing but it was such a blessing to me!

The Ficker girls were also very interested in getting a haircut. Here is Rachel during her turn.

Then is was Katie's turn!

And I just had to add this one as well! They loved having their picture taken especially Katie!

We are still working on Leslie - we are hoping that some of my hair color might work for her. (I promised no pictures - wink, wink!) Then there are the boys who would also like a haircut. Janet said that she needed to get going or she wouldn't have enough time to get all of the haircuts done! What a wonderful gift! The Lord has such a sweet way of fulfilling the smallest of desires.

No comments: